Narrow Aisle Selective Racking
A “Narrow Aisle” layout, utilizing specialized reach lift trucks can reduce aisles, typically by about 25%.
Very Narrow Aisle Selective Racking
A further approximate 15% can be saved, with a “Very Narrow Aisle” (VNA) layout, utilizing specialized “swing reach” or “turret” trucks. VNA layouts are ideal for where space is very expensive (i.e., temperature controlled environments).
They are also useful where there are insufficient pick slots at ground level. In such cases, a man-up order picker truck can be used for elevated order picking on both sides of the aisle.
- All pallets are accessible to the lift truck.
- Ideal for slow and medium movers.
- Maximum flexibility – if slots are assigned randomly, as soon as one is empty, it can be filled.
- No specialized lift trucks required.
Over floor or bulk stacking
- Minimum doubling of storage capacity.
- Reduced damage.
- Fewer picking errors.
- Improved turnaround times, leading to better customer service.